Subject: bug#69795: 29.1; cmdproxy.exe exits automatically after executing MSYS2 commands

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 19:55:27 +0900

I have installed MSYS2 commands.
When executing some MSYS2 commands in shell-mode buffer,
cmdproxy.exe exits unintentionally.

The log below has two prompt strings('c:\tmp>'), but the second one is
displayed with "Process shell finished" simultaneously.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.4170]
    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    
    c:\tmp>c:\msys64\usr\bin\ls.exe -ld .
    c:\msys64\usr\bin\ls.exe -ld .
    drwxr-xr-x 1 user なし 0 Mar 14 19:08 .
    
    c:\tmp>
    Process shell finished

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-08-02 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4170)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(term/bobcat rect pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date
thingatpt bat-mode misearch multi-isearch sh-script rx smie treesit
cl-seq executable files-x shell subr-x pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring face-remap help-mode dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired
dired-loaddefs japan-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 99379 14842)
 (symbols 48 7869 7)
 (strings 32 23809 2665)
 (string-bytes 1 647604)
 (vectors 16 21674)
 (vector-slots 8 1171856 159874)
 (floats 8 62 53)
 (intervals 56 3960 850)
 (buffers 984 17))