Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: wxwidgets: Update to 3.2.4

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 16:18:28 +0200

On 2024-05-13 15:13, Nicolas Graves wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> About this patch, QA shows some failures that seem indeed related to
> this patch, thus we'll have to address them. 
>
> You can find the related failures there :
>
> https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/69791/package-changes?aarch64-linux-change=broken&aarch64-linux-change=still-failing&aarch64-linux-change=unknown-to-failing&aarch64-linux-change=new-failing
>
> For instance, Audacity should be updated from 3.3.3 to at least 3.4.2
> since they fix the update to wxwidgets 3.2.4 in this last release.
>
> I'm going to take a look if these failures are easy to fix.

Last commit of DVDStyler cannot still be updated to wxwidgets 3.2.4. We
need either to submit a fix upstream, vendor a fixing patch or keep a
version of wxwidgets for DVDStyler. Its build was already failing for
some reason though, so there's probably more to it than just wxwidgets.

I've a patch coming up to update slade to its latest version which
supports wxwidgets 3.2.4. The latest version of tenacity also
does. Audacity has already been updated.

That leaves us with qgis. I'll try and update it too later tonight.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves