Subject: Re: bug#6978: show-paren-mode doesn't match when scope "::" operator is used : emacs 32.1.97

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 19:32:48 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 22:21:39 +0200, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Hi Alan,

> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > The following seems to fix the bug:

> I can verify that applying your patch to current master fixes the bug
> for me.  I think you can push and close this bug.  Thanks for fixing
> it.

I've actually developed a longer, more rigorous patch, which I've
committed.  The C++ standard says that although <:: should be recognised
as a template opener, <::>, and <::: should not be.  The committed patch
follows this.

I'm closing the bug with this post.

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).