Subject: bug#69757: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 10:42:03 +0000

Your bug report

#69757: crash running guix pull

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69757: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69757
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 12:41:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is probably a transient network problem and not a "real" bug,
the error message is misleading.

Andreas

Subject: crash running guix pull
From: Brandon Belew <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:33:57 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm on an Ubuntu 18.04 host running Guix. I just tried to do a Guix pull
after reading the advisory about the bug in the Guix Daemon and got the
following error, which suggested I send it to this email address:

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 447e9c9 (408 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 447e9c9
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%guix substitute: warning: ci.guix.gnu.org: host not found: Name or
service not known
substitute:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%guix substitute: warning: bordeaux.guix.gnu.org: host not found: Name
or service not known
substitute:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
building /gnu/store/1sl66cacl8qmkp7gndypld7ja68dgy0y-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/vzpjd3xfif4lckl70v643l655k5das5x-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/dlgvqr1khyja2qhhn8d5dqj7mra2kdhd-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/2chwbd183fpr1ql45m8yj4xxrnngla3h-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/2jv3csvl3hj0xpk6al72bam5xak4m7z4-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/0rddhmsdif3z3b8bnqpkqs6hixb535js-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 16 (_ _)
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?)
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2180:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>
#<procedure 7f7ee93d8cd0 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
   2008:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
   1201:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
   1068:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
    909:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2065:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>)
   1403:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>
#<procedure 7f7ee2b84ca0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1419:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0>
("/gnu/store/v6nn4njbhbrpa75ynaxypwimbh9g83q6-guix-daemon-?") ?)
  1419:15  3 (loop #f)
   713:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f7f006ef0a0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
     79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/0rddhmsdif3z3b8bnqpkqs6hixb535js-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"447e9c96259e8fa15a828de9b2dd3400e2ffafe6"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "bc6840316c665e5959469e5c857819142cc4a47b"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.