Subject: Issue trying to guix pull

From: Michael Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:55:58 +0000

If I currently try and do a "guix pull" on a Fedora aarch64 machine, I
currently see:

guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    447e9c9
 openssl-1.1.1u-doc  2.2MiB

                     18.5MiB/s 00:00 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
 openssl-1.1.1u  1.7MiB

                      2.1MiB/s 00:01 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
building /gnu/store/p9nimij8lz4yln5jd3gm0kdhirrwz56h-guix-1.4.0-18.4c94b9e-checkout.drv...
-suspicious ownership or permission on
`/gnu/store/bj2rp8ql9zxnv4l9gvlhph55fa241mk4-guix-1.4.0-18.4c94b9e-checkout';
rejecting this build output
Backtrace:
          14 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/6wkj5bhjiqgappk2b1h8pb2snjmx835q-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 13 (_ _)
    159:9 12 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2180:24  9 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>
#<procedure ffff7acc4d70 at ./guix/self.scm:1?> ?)
   2008:8  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
   1201:2  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
   1068:2  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
    909:4  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2065:12  3 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
   1403:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.100
ffff9ae5aeb0> #<procedure ffff79981ea0 at ./guix/sto?> ?)
  1419:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>
("/gnu/store/lg4cmmjzqxwdl8px3fpnzaqliwz6xwkw-guix-daem?" ?) ?)
  1419:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1419:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "build of
`/gnu/store/lg4cmmjzqxwdl8px3fpnzaqliwz6xwkw-guix-daemon-1.4.0-18.4c94b9e.drv'
failed"
      status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/6wkj5bhjiqgappk2b1h8pb2snjmx835q-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"447e9c96259e8fa15a828de9b2dd3400e2ffafe6"; system: "aarch64-linux";
host version: "0547fe862cfdb53d408e777e6137d9222100cb50"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

guix --version is:
guix (GNU Guix) 0547fe862cfdb53d408e777e6137d9222100cb50
Copyright (C) 2024 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.