Subject: bug#69755: closed (Re: bug#69755: Issue trying to guix pull)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 11:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69755: Issue trying to guix pull

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69755: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69755
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69755: Issue trying to guix pull
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Ford <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:24:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Ford <[email-masked]> writes:
> It looks like rolling-back has resolved the problem now.
> So this issue can be closed.

Closing.  Thank you!

Regards,
Florian

Subject: Issue trying to guix pull
From: Michael Ford <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:55:58 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

If I currently try and do a "guix pull" on a Fedora aarch64 machine, I
currently see:

guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    447e9c9
 openssl-1.1.1u-doc  2.2MiB

                     18.5MiB/s 00:00 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
 openssl-1.1.1u  1.7MiB

                      2.1MiB/s 00:01 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
building /gnu/store/p9nimij8lz4yln5jd3gm0kdhirrwz56h-guix-1.4.0-18.4c94b9e-checkout.drv...
-suspicious ownership or permission on
`/gnu/store/bj2rp8ql9zxnv4l9gvlhph55fa241mk4-guix-1.4.0-18.4c94b9e-checkout';
rejecting this build output
Backtrace:
          14 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/6wkj5bhjiqgappk2b1h8pb2snjmx835q-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 13 (_ _)
    159:9 12 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2180:24  9 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>
#<procedure ffff7acc4d70 at ./guix/self.scm:1?> ?)
   2008:8  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
   1201:2  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
   1068:2  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
    909:4  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2065:12  3 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>)
   1403:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.100
ffff9ae5aeb0> #<procedure ffff79981ea0 at ./guix/sto?> ?)
  1419:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 ffff9ae5aeb0>
("/gnu/store/lg4cmmjzqxwdl8px3fpnzaqliwz6xwkw-guix-daem?" ?) ?)
  1419:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1419:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "build of
`/gnu/store/lg4cmmjzqxwdl8px3fpnzaqliwz6xwkw-guix-daemon-1.4.0-18.4c94b9e.drv'
failed"
      status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/6wkj5bhjiqgappk2b1h8pb2snjmx835q-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"447e9c96259e8fa15a828de9b2dd3400e2ffafe6"; system: "aarch64-linux";
host version: "0547fe862cfdb53d408e777e6137d9222100cb50"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

guix --version is:
guix (GNU Guix) 0547fe862cfdb53d408e777e6137d9222100cb50
Copyright (C) 2024 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.