Subject: Git checkout fail after daemon checks permissions

From: Jean-Pierre De Jesus Diaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:07:54 +0000

Hello,

I've done a guix system reconfigure recently and after that I was
unable to build
packages that use Git to fetch the source, failing with this error:

```
Initialized empty Git repository in
/gnu/store/bm54hnvq0f8qbm2a4yvljrgl4nf2yain-rocblas-5.6.0-checkout/.git/
>From https://github.com/ROCm/rocBLAS
 * tag               rocm-5.6.0 -> FETCH_HEAD
Note: switching to 'FETCH_HEAD'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by switching back to a branch.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -c with the switch command. Example:

  git switch -c <new-branch-name>

Or undo this operation with:

  git switch -

Turn off this advice by setting config variable advice.detachedHead to false

HEAD is now at 4b0751e Merge pull request #1325 from
yoichiyoshida/fp16altrnz-5.6-hotfix2
suspicious ownership or permission on
`/gnu/store/bm54hnvq0f8qbm2a4yvljrgl4nf2yain-rocblas-5.6.0-checkout';
rejecting this build output
build of /gnu/store/xbvrh3nav0gcgvdxbv7k9rsqgw4d14c3-rocblas-5.6.0-checkout.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xb/vrh3nav0gcgvdxbv7k9rsqgw4d14c3-rocblas-5.6.0-checkout.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/jr9vjappfafyjvwrx85g4jm28cim1b4k-rocblas-5.6.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build of
`/gnu/store/jr9vjappfafyjvwrx85g4jm28cim1b4k-rocblas-5.6.0.drv' failed
```

The output of guix describe for the system:

```
$ sudo -i guix describe
Password:
Generation 7    Mar 12 2024 12:13:17    (current)
  guix a52701a
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: a52701a4d3c90327f6b88267173a5a98ef3db8e6
```

The permissions of the file in the store are:

```
$ ls -ld /gnu/store/bm54hnvq0f8qbm2a4yvljrgl4nf2yain-rocblas-5.6.0-checkout
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Mar 12 14:03
/gnu/store/bm54hnvq0f8qbm2a4yvljrgl4nf2yain-rocblas-5.6.0-checkout/
```

I've noticed it also leaks the current date and time in the store.

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ