Subject: Followup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 17:44:32 +0000

Hello,

I use emacs -nw. I tried but just can't: the current way that 
rmail-mail-return is implemented makes no sense when 
rmail-mail-new-frame is true: every time I send an email I'm left with 
an extra frame displaying the duplicate of a buffer which either is 
already open on another frame, or which was buried and for some reason 
now resuscitates. Every time I have to manually delete such frame. It's 
very reasonable to expect that after creating a new frame just to send 
an email, then such frame is gotten rid of when the message is send (or 
aborted or whatever), and we're back to the original frame (as was 
originally implied by the manual).

The fact that it's such a reasonable expectation and that it takes so 
much inconvenience to delete the extra frame manually every time, makes 
me think that it should be this way by default, hence the manual was 
good and the code was to be changed... and I bet that every person which 
uses -nw with rmail-mail-new-frame will agree with me; is there any good 
reason to keep it this way, which escapes my analysis?