Subject: bug#69734: BUG: Inconsistent Emacs documentation...

From: Mikael Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 14:34:35 +0100

To Whom It May Concern,

I just downloaded the documentation for Emacs 29.2 as a pdf file. Comparing
this to the version online I can see that the content is not the same. At
least one of the versions is faulty or out of date. I'm referring to links
on the following page:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html

Looking at "HTML - one page per node" I can see that chapter 15.22 is "Line
Truncation". If I look at the pdf version "Main PDF file", that chapter is
11.22. The pdf document is labeled as consistent with version 29.2 on page
T-3. I assume this is just an issue with generating the pdf version.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Mikael Larsson
Buried in 3 feet of snow in the north of Sweden and struggling with
elisp...🥺

*Q*: How can I get the full output of the macro expansion below? I assume
it's some variable that needs tweaking, but I can't find it in the manual.
Thank you.

(macroexpand-1 '(cl-defstruct queue head tail))
(progn (defvar cl-struct-queue-tags) (cl-defsubst queue-p (cl-x) (declare
(side-effect-free error-free) (pure t)) (and (memq ...
cl-struct-queue-tags) t)) (eval-and-compile (define-symbol-prop 'queue
'cl-deftype-satisfies 'queue-p)) (cl-defsubst queue-head (cl-x) "Access
slot \"head\" of `queue' struct CL-X." (declare (side-effect-free t))
(progn (or ... ...) (aref cl-x 1))) (cl-defsubst queue-tail (cl-x) "Access
slot \"tail\" of `queue' struct CL-X." (declare (side-effect-free t))
(progn (or ... ...) (aref cl-x 2))) (defalias 'copy-queue #'copy-sequence)
(cl-defsubst make-queue (&cl-defs (nil ... ... ...) &key head tail)
"Constructor for objects of type `queue'." (declare (side-effect-free t))
(record 'queue head tail)) :autoload-end (eval-and-compile
(cl-struct-define 'queue nil 'cl-structure-object 'record nil '(... ...
...) 'cl-struct-queue-tags 'queue 't)) 'queue)