Subject: bug#6973: 24.0.50; parse-sgml.el sends error

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 20:33:53 +0200

Emacs -Q

Hi,

when loading parse-sgml.el an error is signaled, which don't occur
with Emacs 23.

Backtrace attached.

Thanks

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0)
  of 2010-09-02
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70200000
Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
p s <tab> - s <tab> <return> M-x e v a l - b <tab>
<return> M-x e l e <tab> <return> <down> <down> <up>
<return> M-x <up> <up> <return> C-x C-f p s g <tab>
- i <tab> d <tab> <return> M-x <up> <return> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x
C-f <up> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> ~ / g n u - e m q <tab> <backspace> a <tab>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> . g n u - e m <tab> a l l <tab>
<return> C-s p a r s e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> p s g m l <down> C-a C-SPC
C-e M-w C-x C-e C-s p s g m l C-e C-s C-s C-s C-s <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> C-x C-e C-SPC M-< C-x C-w t e x t e
/ p a r e s <backspace> <backspace> s e - s g m l -
b a c k t r e <backspace> a c e . t x t <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> e l - C-e <return> C-x 1 C-g M-x
r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Loading /home/speck/progarbeit/emacs/veraendert/suse-start-psgml.el 
(source)...done
t
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml/psgml-parse.el (source)...
Entering debugger...
Mark set
Saving file /home/speck/texte/parse-sgml-el-backtrace.txt...
Loading vc-git...done
Wrote /home/speck/texte/parse-sgml-el-backtrace.txt
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message byte-opt sendmail rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
emacsbug vc-git debug multi-isearch vc-rcs psgml-ids help-mode view
mule-util ebuff-menu electric psgml-sysdep sgml-mode psgml derived cl
cl-19 bytecomp byte-compile sh-script executable ffap locate dired
regexp-opt help-fns cus-edit easymenu cus-start cus-load wid-edit
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)