Subject: [bug#69716] [PATCH] gnu: python-3.12: Enable loadable sqlite extensions.

From: Felix Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 22:16:06 +0000

Hi Lars,

On 3/30/24 5:10 PM, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:
>> This change makes it possible to load sqlite extensions with
> 
> what is the use-case for this? Do we have any loadable extensions for
> SQLite packaged?

I'm interested in loading the spatialite extension [1] for working with 
geographical data in sqlite. Spatialite is already packaged in guix 
under the name libspatialite.

[1]: https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/index

In the end, I want to use spatialite in datasette (which is also 
packaged in guix) to explore geographical datasets [2,3].

[2]: https://datasette.io/for/geospatial
[3]: https://datasette.io/tutorials/spatialite

I don't know if we have any other loadable sqlite extensions packaged in 
guix, apart from libspatialite.

Kind regards,
Felix