Subject: Re: bug#69703: Ispell process restarted too often

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 10:06:50 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 09:37:20 +0200
> 
> When different projects have different personal dictionaries
> and flyspell mode is used, then ispell process is killed and restarted
> almost on every key press.  This creates hundreds of hunspell processes
> that soon fill all available memory.

If the speller process is killed each time before starting a new one,
how come there's more than just one running at any given time?  IOW,
how come you have "hundreds of hunspell processes" in memory?  Does
killing a hunspell process fail for some reason?

And why are you saying "almost on every key press"? are different
personal dictionaries defined for different portions of text in some
way?  Otherwise, I'd expect hunspell to be restarted when you change
buffers, whuch is hardly "on every key press".  Or what am I missing?

> Is it possible to fix this?

Not easily, AFAIR.  But I don't think I understand the nature of the
problem you are experiencing, see above.