Subject: 30.0.50; vc-pull buffer doesn't fontify links after refresh

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:35:17 +0800

New VCS output inserted after the compilation buffer created by a
`vc-pull' command is refreshed (by selecting "refresh" from tool bar,
for instance) is not fontified as such but as ordinary compiler output,
and file names inside are not clickable.  This is a bug, since no
compelling reason exists to treat VCS commands as compilers once they
are executed a second time.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android22) of
 2024-03-10 built on trinity
Repository revision: d7071359522f60d332320cf63700faa58d237d0b
Repository branch: master-android-1
Windowing system distributor 'Google', version 30.0.0
System Description: google/marlin/marlin:10/QP1A.191005.007.A3/5972272:user/release-keys

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-json=ifavailable --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes
 --with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes
 --with-modules=yes --with-tree-sitter=ifavailable --with-imagemagick=no
 --with-lcms2=yes --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default
 --with-harfbuzz=yes --with-threads=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type=
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g3 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  save-place-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  modifier-bar-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Features:
(compile vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view easy-mmode pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
dired-aux misearch multi-isearch pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug
message yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums org-mouse org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat
org-macs cl-extra icons saveplace tramp-sh tramp rx trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat xdg shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 format-spec ansi-color
tramp-loaddefs indent-aux gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit elec-pair
cus-load server aircon-theme-autoloads bash-completion-autoloads
bison-mode-autoloads corfu-autoloads coterm-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
ement-autoloads jinx-autoloads jit-spell-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads org-drill-autoloads
persist-autoloads plz-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads taxy-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads transient-autoloads visual-fill-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cus-start cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
android-win term/common-win touch-screen ls-lisp tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify android multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 338563 122792) (symbols 48 35588 32)
 (strings 32 102829 3470) (string-bytes 1 2541090) (vectors 16 57987)
 (vector-slots 8 1477083 25171) (floats 8 325 231)
 (intervals 56 1220 595) (buffers 984 17))