Subject: bug#6968: closed (Re: bug#6968: 23.1; vc-hg-next-version fails if a custom style is used)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 02:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6968: 23.1; vc-hg-next-version fails if a custom style is used

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6968: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6968
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6968: 23.1; vc-hg-next-version fails if a custom style is used
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 21:12:15 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

Sorry for the horrendous delay; change applied to trunk. Thanks.

Kirk Kelsey wrote:

> Well, I missed at least one other case where this can be a
> problem. In vc-hg-working-revision, vc-hg-command isn't used.

Looks like this was independently changed in the meantime.

Subject: 23.1; vc-hg-next-version fails if a custom style is used
From: Kirk Kelsey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:08:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've run into a problem with vc-hg-next-version and how it
identifies the maximum valid revision (the tip). Mercurial allows
for a templating of output for some commands, but
vc-hg-next-version identifies the tip using a regular expression
that only matches the "default" output style.

The patch below works by specifying the style explicitly.
Something similar is done for vc-hg-revision-table, where the
template for the log command is specified. FWIW, I took at look
at the other uses of vc-hg-command and didn't see any other cases
where the style seemed relevant. It is possible to work around
the issue by setting vc-hg-global-switches to include "--config
ui.style=default" (not using the --style option).

Thanks,
Kirk

--- /tmp/vc-hg.el       2010-09-01 16:48:56.000000000 -0400
+++ /tmp/vc-hg.fixed.el 2010-09-01 16:50:18.597813591 -0400
@@ -354,7 +354,7 @@
   (let ((newrev (1+ (string-to-number rev)))
         (tip-revision
          (with-temp-buffer
-           (vc-hg-command t 0 nil "tip")
+           (vc-hg-command t 0 nil "tip" "--style=default")
            (goto-char (point-min))
            (re-search-forward "^changeset:[ \t]*\\([0-9]+\\):")
            (string-to-number (match-string-no-properties 1)))))