Subject: [bug#69677] [PATCH gnome-team 1/1] gnu: opam: Fix build.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 22:29:26 +0100

Le samedi 09 mars 2024 à 21:35 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a écrit :
> > The solution seems to be for extlib to ship a minimal version. But
> > maybe this should primarily concern the ocaml team, not gnome-team,
> > as it looks to me like a recipe for breaking at least half of the
> > ocaml ecosystem.
> How much of it is broken with gnome-team already (vs. broken on other
> branches)?  It wouldn't be nice of us to say "here, we broke it, you
> fix it please".  It also appears as though opam only has two
> dependants
> – are we not tracking this correctly or is a minimal version in use
> anyway?

I meant that the fix should maybe be proposed to the OCaml team, not
the GNOME team.  I also over-estimated the number of packages that
depend on ocaml-extlib, so it is probably safe.

I opened #69682 for this.

Best regards,

Vivien