Subject: [bug#69652] [PATCH gnome-team 0/1] What should we do with orbit2?

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 18:29:35 +0100

Dear Guix,

Orbit2 is an old, unmaintained package that was used for the Gtk+2 stack, as
far as I understand. We still have Gtk+2 around, mainly for OCaml lablgtk2
(and _3, yes).

On gnome-team, this package fails to build on 32-bit systems.  I fail to
understand why it would fail on gnome-team and not on master.  If I
understood, maybe a clear solution would appear.  As of now, I can see
different mitigations:
— pretend there is no problem, skip the failing tests (they are everywhere, so
  maybe skip tests entirely) and ship it;
— remove it (I can’t see it on Debian, for instance);
— fix the test crashes (I won’t, and it is unmaintained);
— mark it as unsupported.

I went with the last option because I feel it is the most neutral thing to do.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Vivien

Vivien Kraus (1):
  gnu: orbit2: Mark it unsupported in 32-bits systems.

 gnu/packages/gnome.scm | 53 ++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 1 file changed, 28 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

base-commit: 25c14c893f05019d746321285acf55d1aa65b943
-- 
2.41.0