Subject: bug#69648: closed (Re: [bug#69622] [PATCH] gnu: plasma-desktop: fix build.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 04:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69648: Issue 69264 causes regression.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69648: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69648
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#69622] [PATCH] gnu: plasma-desktop: fix build.
From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
To: Zheng Junjie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 12:03:22 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Zheng Junjie <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/kde-plasma.scm (plasma-desktop): fix build.
> [inputs]: Replace qtwayland with qtwayland-5.

Pushed as commit e51c26ef2d, thank you!

Also fixes #69648, close both.

Subject: Issue 69264 causes regression.
From: Jakob Kirsch <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:10:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The patch for issue 69264 and the corresponding commit 
24eabd1eff34673d4a93edf16f92c444cdc1ac3f seem to break the build of 
plasma-desktop since it fails with:

********* Start testing of PositionerTest *********
Config: Using QtTest library 5.15.10, Qt 5.15.10 
(x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 
11.3.0), unknown unknown
PASS   : PositionerTest::initTestCase()
QWARN  : PositionerTest::tst_positions(3 per column) kf.kio.core: 
couldn't create worker: "Unknown protocol 'file'."
QWARN  : PositionerTest::tst_positions(3 per column) kf.kio.core: 
"Unable to create KIO worker. Unknown protocol 'file'."
QFATAL : PositionerTest::tst_positions(3 per column) ASSERT failure in 
QList<T>::operator[]: "index out of range", file 
/gnu/store/h3w0axvfps5j2g2wcl1hf349x0psy95s-qtbase-5.15.10/include/qt5/QtCore/qlist.h,
line 575
FAIL!  : PositionerTest::tst_positions(3 per column) Received a fatal 
error.
   Loc: [Unknown file(0)]

Reverting the offending commit seems to fix the issue. I don't know why 
this fixes it and it feels kind of hackish but it prevents me from 
updating my system otherwise.