Subject: [PATCH mesa-updates 0/6] gnu: mesa: Update to 24.0.2.

From: aurtzy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 07:32:39 -0500

Hello!

This series of patches updates Mesa to the latest stable version with the NVK
Vulkan driver for NVIDIA GPUs enabled for x86_64 systems.

Mesa 24.0.2 depends on a newer version of libdrm (>= 2.4.119), which is
pending in another issue (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68845).

Some packages (rust-syn-2.0.39, rust-proc-macro2-1.0.70, rust-quote-1.0.33)
were added specifically to be used as sources that satisfy explicit versions
of dependencies required by Mesa (for NVK).  Would it be better to inline
origins in the change-subproject-sources phase?  The same question also
applies for the rust-unicode-ident-1 source.

Currently, the Rust dependencies are found in the build by substituting the
fallback https://* URLs in the relevant ./subprojects/*.wrap files with
file://*, then relying on the fallback to "download" from the store.  It
seemed a bit hacky doing it this way, but I'm not aware of a better solution.

A newer Meson version is also required for NVK (>= 1.3.0), which this patch
series adds a new variable for.

x86_64-linux and i686-linux have been tested to successfully build.

Cheers,

aurtzy

aurtzy (6):
  gnu: Add meson-1.3.
  gnu: Add rust-syn-2.0.39.
  gnu: Add rust-proc-macro2-1.0.70.
  gnu: Add rust-quote-1.0.33.
  gnu: Add rust-bindgen-cli-0.69.
  gnu: mesa: Update to 24.0.2.

 gnu/packages/build-tools.scm | 14 ++++++
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm   | 95 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/gl.scm          | 68 +++++++++++++++++++-------
 3 files changed, 160 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0b5cbca689b2f91949e191ca256ffc9bb48c1141
-- 
2.41.0