Subject: Emacs hangs when scrolling using gnus-summary-next-page on pages with images

From: Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 02:25:16 +0200

Hi,
I'm using gnus with the new gwene service to read RSS, in particular
webcomics. I've had emacs hang in a particularly bad way when scrolling
pages: consuming 100% of CPU and becoming unresponsive.

This bug should be reproducible with any large images. I tested it with
gwene.com.phdcomics and gwene.fr.lemonde.blog.vidberg.

I'm using (not 100% sure which are relevant)
(setq mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
(setq mm-attachment-override-types '("image/.*"))
(setq w3m-default-display-inline-images t)
(setq w3m-toggle-inline-images-permanently nil)

with latest bzr emacs and CVS emacs-w3m.

Also a bug but far less major, SPC ignores images in the article buffer,
and consequently the scrolling with large images is weird. It's better
(although not perfect) using the standard emacs scrolling commands (C-v
M-v, etc)

Antoine