Subject: bug#69605: [PATCH] Query Eglot version via package.el

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 18:13:56 +0000

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 8:38 AM Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Ping?
>>
>
> Patch looks good to me, I'm generally in favour of things that replace
> Eglot-rolled facilities with standard ones.
>
> But I haven't tested it.  What will `package-get-version` say of a master
> build of Emacs where lisp/progmodes/eglot.el has changes that haven't
> been published to GNU Elpa yet?  Does it even matter?

It will just extract the value of the version header of the compiled
file.

> Anyway, I think the change is safe to install, just please make sure it
> doesn't trip the GitHub CI (it shouldn't).

The three tested versions on GitHub all appear to pass the test.  I'll
push the changes to emacs.git for now.

> João

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic on peregrine