Subject: [bug#69591] [PATCH v4 00/32] Unbundle and update python-pytorch

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 14:05:04 +0000

Hi Ludo',

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is impressive work.  I feel bad that it took 3 months to merge it,
> but here we are!
>
> I pushed the whole series as 2aeb37def258ad4dd23aaf57ed32f0be44d1bea5.

No problem, thank you for merging it!

> There were a couple of trivial merge conflicts, and in one case a patch
> that was missing from ‘gnu/local.mk’, so I added it.  (BTW, ‘mumi am’
> made apply the patches quite smooth, highly recommended!)

Oh sorry, I thought I had checked them, thanks.

> qa.guix hadn’t caught up so I built ‘r-torch’ and ‘python-pytorch’
> locally to confirm that it still builds fine.

I plan to try and fix the build also for other architectures when
updating the packages. For aarch64, the problem is that cpuinfo fails in
the build container [1,2], but maybe this is only an issue for running
the tests.
On 32-bit systems, some Python packages used for the tests depend
transitively on Rust. The tests are disabled anyway however as they take
a long time, so they can be removed from the native inputs for these
architectures.

Cheers,
David

[1] https://github.com/pytorch/cpuinfo/issues/143
[2] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/319053