Subject: bug#6959: [PATCH] Add Microsoft support to cc-mode

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 22:44:45 -0800

On 02/25/2016 10:42 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Microsoft uses a... unique programming style (erm, typedef void
>> VOID?!) that tends to trip up cc-mode. Particularly problematic are
>> certain code annotations, as described in
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383701(VS.85).aspx. This
>> patch adds support for this bizarre programming style and allows one
>> to work on idiomatic Windows sources comfortably.
>>
>> You can get the diff at
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dan-colascione/emacs/c++0x/revision/101039
> 
> Could you resend the patch (if this is still an issue)?

It's not worth thinking about anymore. These days, I'd just define a
derived mode and be done with it. Besides, as I recall, performance
wasn't great with that patch.