Subject: [bug#69587] [PATCH] doc: Add “Source Tree Structure” section.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 19:01:34 +0100

Hi Ludo.

Good that I now have finally watched Josselin’s talk.

This section seems to be a good idea in general, but the examples are an
opinionated selection.  I believe the list should be small.  Listing
individual modules directly in ~/src/guix/guix directory is not useful
to newcomers or often self-explanatory.  gnu/installer, gnu/system,
gnu/build, gnu/machine is not useful to know.  po is better not talked
about, otherwise people edit translations directly in po, when they
should use Weblate.

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
> +The following table gives an overview of the main directories and what
> +they contain.  Remember that in Guile, each module name is derived from
> +its file name---e.g., the module in file@file{guix/packages.scm} is

file@file should be @file

> +called @code{(guix packages)}.
> +
> +@table @file
> +@item guix
> +This is the location of core Guix mechanisms.  A few examples:

What does core mean?  Perhaps (guix …) should be listed after (gnu …)
and defined as the Guix mechanisms that do not belong in gnu?  Not quite
sure either.

> […]
> +With all this, a fair chunk of your operating system is at your
> +fingertips!  Beyond @command{grep} and @command{git grep}, @pxref{The
> +Perfect Setup} on how to navigate code from your editor, and
> +@pxref{Using Guix Interactively} for information on how to use
> +interactively use Scheme modules.  Enjoy!

Remove duplicate “use”.

Regards,
Florian