Subject: Re: bug#69573: Eager macro-expansion failure: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:52:23 -0400

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> mmmhh, I'm really not sure why calling Qcomp_subr_trampoline_install
>> should be problematic.  I'll look at it, but this week I'm on holiday so
>> might take a bit more :)
>
> I'm not completely sure either, but the arg of
> `comp-subr-trampoline-install` is called `subr-name` whereas the value
> we pass there is the symbol that was found to contain that subr but is
> *not* the name of the subr (and when that's the case, there's simply no
> need to install any trampoline).
>
> So, I'd expect `comp-subr-trampoline-install` to compare its argument
> with the actual name of the subr (presumably extracted from the subr),
> but I don't see any such test.

Okay I've installed 00553628558 into master, I believe it does what we
want and seems to fix the minimal reproducer I made from the original
example.

Gabriele could you check it solves the issue for you?

Now thinking about, I think we should install it into 29 if it proves to
be the right fix.

Thanks!

  Andrea