Subject: 29.2; csharp-mode indentation: Misaligned closing brace in blocks starting below "new"

From: Carlos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 22:09:51 +0100

Any block starting on the line immediately below a line having the
string "new" will have its closing brace aligned with the opening one.

See the following code:

public class Foo {
    void Bar () {
	var x = new X(); // [1]
	for (;;) {
	    x();
		 }  // [2]
    }
}

Line [1] says "new". The closing brace in line [2] is aligned to the
opening brace.

If you comment out the "new" (or the whole line) the problem persists.

If you remove the "new" the problem goes away and [2] is correctly
aligned.

If you insert a line between line [1] and the one having the opening
brace the problem goes away.

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-02-29 built on
 fv-az586-734
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4046)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/mingw64 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-modules --without-dbus
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter
 --with-native-compilation=aot 'CFLAGS=-march=nocona -msahf
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls' CPPFLAGS=-D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO=1
 'LDFLAGS=-pipe -lpthread''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C#//l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mule-util info time-date comp comp-cstr
warnings icons subr-x rx cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp
byte-compile csharp-mode c-ts-common treesit cl-seq cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 151774 16013)
 (symbols 48 10722 0)
 (strings 32 38006 1798)
 (string-bytes 1 1194803)
 (vectors 16 23175)
 (vector-slots 8 439354 17596)
 (floats 8 37 72)
 (intervals 56 1626 0)
 (buffers 984 15))