Subject: bug#69571: closed (Re: bug#69571: 29.2; csharp-mode indentation: Misaligned closing brace in blocks starting below "new")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#69571: 29.2; csharp-mode indentation: Misaligned closing brace in blocks starting below "new"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69571: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69571
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69571: 29.2; csharp-mode indentation: Misaligned closing brace in blocks starting below "new"
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 22:11:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:45:36 +0100
> 
> 
> >>> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 22:09:51 +0100
> >>> From: Carlos <[email-masked]>
> 
> >>> 
> >>> If you insert a line between line [1] and the one having the opening
> >>> brace the problem goes away.
> >>
> >> Theo and Yuan, could you please look into this?
> 
> 
> 
> Fixed in c890622e1a9ae6f2ab5d083ca8b668c9228c52fa on emacs-29.

Thanks!

Subject: 29.2; csharp-mode indentation: Misaligned closing brace in blocks starting below "new"
From: Carlos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 22:09:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Any block starting on the line immediately below a line having the
string "new" will have its closing brace aligned with the opening one.

See the following code:

public class Foo {
    void Bar () {
	var x = new X(); // [1]
	for (;;) {
	    x();
		 }  // [2]
    }
}

Line [1] says "new". The closing brace in line [2] is aligned to the
opening brace.

If you comment out the "new" (or the whole line) the problem persists.

If you remove the "new" the problem goes away and [2] is correctly
aligned.

If you insert a line between line [1] and the one having the opening
brace the problem goes away.

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-02-29 built on
 fv-az586-734
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4046)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/mingw64 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-modules --without-dbus
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter
 --with-native-compilation=aot 'CFLAGS=-march=nocona -msahf
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls' CPPFLAGS=-D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO=1
 'LDFLAGS=-pipe -lpthread''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C#//l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mule-util info time-date comp comp-cstr
warnings icons subr-x rx cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp
byte-compile csharp-mode c-ts-common treesit cl-seq cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 151774 16013)
 (symbols 48 10722 0)
 (strings 32 38006 1798)
 (string-bytes 1 1194803)
 (vectors 16 23175)
 (vector-slots 8 439354 17596)
 (floats 8 37 72)
 (intervals 56 1626 0)
 (buffers 984 15))