Subject: bug#69569: closed (Re: bug#69569: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 21:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69569: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69569: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69569
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69569: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 16:42:07 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi, a recent change in Makefile.in (4673b990713) has broke make install,
> due to a comment.
>  
> Thank you.
> V.

Ciao Vincenzo,

thanks for the patch, just installed it.

Apologies for the breakage, closing.

  Andrea

Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install
From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 22:16:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, a recent change in Makefile.in (4673b990713) has broke make install,
due to a comment.
 
Thank you.
V.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-03-05 built on fedora
Repository revision: 33976ecf244082346cbc71ff1102ef7de1ed36fe
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (KDE Plasma)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter
 --with-cairo --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-pop --with-xwidgets
 --without-imagemagick --prefix=/opt/emacs_pgtk
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -funroll-loops -fno-strict-aliasing
 -march=native -mtune=native -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240226.2332/transient hides /opt/
emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.0.1/theme-loaddefs hides /opt/
emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/opt/emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/compat hides /home/
vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.4/compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug magit-extras magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff git-commit
log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny citre-lang-fileref dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode magit-git magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm dash
noutline outline bug-reference smerge-mode diff whitespace
vertico-directory ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util git-gutter editorconfig
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch mvn
vterm face-remap term disp-table ehelp find-func vterm-module term/xterm
xterm vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher citre citre-global citre-tags
citre-ctags citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface
citre-ui-peek color citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util
make-mode expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom xclip sr-speedbar speedbar
ezimage dframe which-key consult-imenu projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs add-log server checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet init custom-skeleton custom-rust
custom-dart custom-java custom-go custom-php custom-c custom-sql
custom-clojure custom-lisp custom-web custom-markup wgrep grep
citre-config company-quickhelp pos-tip company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company consult-xref xref project consult bookmark pp
compile text-property-search comp comp-cstr warnings icons comp-run
comp-common perspective advice ido orderless vertico json-ts-mode
cmake-ts-mode yaml-ts-mode treesit standard-dark-theme standard-themes
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core windmove ffap
thingatpt elec-pair which-func imenu saveplace tramp-sh tramp rx
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc parse-time iso8601 time-date ansi-color
tramp-loaddefs winner ring minibuf-eldef hl-line savehist delsel recentf
tree-widget wid-edit xt-mouse custom-function transient cl-extra
help-mode format-spec edmacro kmacro compat custom-variable fonts
cargo-autoloads citre-autoloads clj-refactor-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads cmake-project-autoloads company-glsl-autoloads
company-quickhelp-autoloads company-web-autoloads company-autoloads
consult-dir-autoloads consult-lsp-autoloads consult-autoloads
cuda-mode-autoloads dired-rsync-autoloads docker-autoloads aio-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads expand-region-autoloads flutter-autoloads
git-gutter-autoloads glsl-mode-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
google-translate-autoloads gotest-autoloads
highlight-indentation-autoloads hover-autoloads iedit-autoloads
inflections-autoloads lsp-dart-autoloads dart-mode-autoloads
lsp-java-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads bui-autoloads
lsp-pyright-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads meson-mode-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
mvn-autoloads nexus-autoloads orderless-autoloads ox-pandoc-autoloads
paredit-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads perspective-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
plantuml-mode-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads projectile-speedbar-autoloads
projectile-autoloads queue-autoloads request-autoloads
restclient-autoloads rustic-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
f-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads rvm-autoloads sesman-autoloads
sly-asdf-autoloads popup-autoloads sly-autoloads spinner-autoloads
sr-speedbar-autoloads standard-themes-autoloads tablist-autoloads
transient-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads
ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads dash-autoloads
vertico-autoloads vterm-autoloads w3m-load w3m-autoloads
web-completion-data-autoloads web-mode-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
which-key-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads xclip-autoloads
xcscope-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads yaml-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 575540 219498) (symbols 48 29643 49) (strings 32 206675 17021)
 (string-bytes 1 8350447) (vectors 16 73662) (vector-slots 8 1462910 232879)
 (floats 8 395 509) (intervals 56 2873 1332) (buffers 984 26))
>From 0703340df6425f489f14f2448b7098b622dca1cb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 21:53:20 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install.

* Makefile.in (install-info): comment removed.
---
 Makefile.in | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Makefile.in b/Makefile.in
index d54583399d0..6f014909307 100644
--- a/Makefile.in
+++ b/Makefile.in
@@ -812,7 +812,7 @@ install-info:
 	      done; \
 	     (cd "$${thisdir}"; \
 	      ${INSTALL_INFO} --info-dir="$(DESTDIR)${infodir}" "$(DESTDIR)${infodir}/$$elt"); \
-	      cp type_hierarchy* $(DESTDIR)${infodir}/; \ # Used by elisp.info.
+	      cp type_hierarchy* $(DESTDIR)${infodir}/; \
 	   done; \
 	fi
 
-- 
2.44.0