Subject: bug#69569: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install

From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 22:16:17 +0100

Hi, a recent change in Makefile.in (4673b990713) has broke make install,
due to a comment.
 
Thank you.
V.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-03-05 built on fedora
Repository revision: 33976ecf244082346cbc71ff1102ef7de1ed36fe
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (KDE Plasma)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter
 --with-cairo --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-pop --with-xwidgets
 --without-imagemagick --prefix=/opt/emacs_pgtk
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -funroll-loops -fno-strict-aliasing
 -march=native -mtune=native -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240226.2332/transient hides /opt/
emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.0.1/theme-loaddefs hides /opt/
emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/opt/emacs_pgtk/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/compat hides /home/
vincenzo/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.4/compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug magit-extras magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff git-commit
log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny citre-lang-fileref dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode magit-git magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm dash
noutline outline bug-reference smerge-mode diff whitespace
vertico-directory ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util git-gutter editorconfig
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch mvn
vterm face-remap term disp-table ehelp find-func vterm-module term/xterm
xterm vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher citre citre-global citre-tags
citre-ctags citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface
citre-ui-peek color citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util
make-mode expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom xclip sr-speedbar speedbar
ezimage dframe which-key consult-imenu projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs add-log server checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet init custom-skeleton custom-rust
custom-dart custom-java custom-go custom-php custom-c custom-sql
custom-clojure custom-lisp custom-web custom-markup wgrep grep
citre-config company-quickhelp pos-tip company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company consult-xref xref project consult bookmark pp
compile text-property-search comp comp-cstr warnings icons comp-run
comp-common perspective advice ido orderless vertico json-ts-mode
cmake-ts-mode yaml-ts-mode treesit standard-dark-theme standard-themes
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core windmove ffap
thingatpt elec-pair which-func imenu saveplace tramp-sh tramp rx
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc parse-time iso8601 time-date ansi-color
tramp-loaddefs winner ring minibuf-eldef hl-line savehist delsel recentf
tree-widget wid-edit xt-mouse custom-function transient cl-extra
help-mode format-spec edmacro kmacro compat custom-variable fonts
cargo-autoloads citre-autoloads clj-refactor-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads cmake-project-autoloads company-glsl-autoloads
company-quickhelp-autoloads company-web-autoloads company-autoloads
consult-dir-autoloads consult-lsp-autoloads consult-autoloads
cuda-mode-autoloads dired-rsync-autoloads docker-autoloads aio-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads expand-region-autoloads flutter-autoloads
git-gutter-autoloads glsl-mode-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
google-translate-autoloads gotest-autoloads
highlight-indentation-autoloads hover-autoloads iedit-autoloads
inflections-autoloads lsp-dart-autoloads dart-mode-autoloads
lsp-java-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads bui-autoloads
lsp-pyright-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads meson-mode-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
mvn-autoloads nexus-autoloads orderless-autoloads ox-pandoc-autoloads
paredit-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads perspective-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
plantuml-mode-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads projectile-speedbar-autoloads
projectile-autoloads queue-autoloads request-autoloads
restclient-autoloads rustic-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
f-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads rvm-autoloads sesman-autoloads
sly-asdf-autoloads popup-autoloads sly-autoloads spinner-autoloads
sr-speedbar-autoloads standard-themes-autoloads tablist-autoloads
transient-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads
ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads dash-autoloads
vertico-autoloads vterm-autoloads w3m-load w3m-autoloads
web-completion-data-autoloads web-mode-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
which-key-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads xclip-autoloads
xcscope-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads yaml-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 575540 219498) (symbols 48 29643 49) (strings 32 206675 17021)
 (string-bytes 1 8350447) (vectors 16 73662) (vector-slots 8 1462910 232879)
 (floats 8 395 509) (intervals 56 2873 1332) (buffers 984 26))
>From 0703340df6425f489f14f2448b7098b622dca1cb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 21:53:20 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Removed a comment that breaks make install.

* Makefile.in (install-info): comment removed.
---
 Makefile.in | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Makefile.in b/Makefile.in
index d54583399d0..6f014909307 100644
--- a/Makefile.in
+++ b/Makefile.in
@@ -812,7 +812,7 @@ install-info:
 	      done; \
 	     (cd "$${thisdir}"; \
 	      ${INSTALL_INFO} --info-dir="$(DESTDIR)${infodir}" "$(DESTDIR)${infodir}/$$elt"); \
-	      cp type_hierarchy* $(DESTDIR)${infodir}/; \ # Used by elisp.info.
+	      cp type_hierarchy* $(DESTDIR)${infodir}/; \
 	   done; \
 	fi
 
-- 
2.44.0