Subject: 29.1; message-forward-make-body-* has too long line

From: RwN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 12:51:16 +0100

Both functions message-forward-make-body-digest-plain and 
message-forward-make-body-digest-plain has 68 long character length 
for the "start of forwarded line" while it has 66 for the "End" 
part. This cause a problem when format=flowed which use the 
recommended value 66 (RFC2046). Is there any reason the start line has 
2 characters more?

Best,
E.
 
InGNU Emacs 29.1 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, 
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-10-16 built onlaptop
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', 
version11.0.12101004
System Description:Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES 
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF 
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/erwan/.emacs.d/etc/custom hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/custom
 
Features: (shadow emacsbug gnus-msg find-dired ffap files-x grep 
cus-start view kmacro facemenu two-column epa-file network-stream nsm 
mailalias pcase misearch multi-isearch cal-china lunar solar cal-dst 
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays holiday-loaddefs dired-aux 
gnus-dired dired-x diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-move 
display-line-numbers apropos shr-color color qp debug backtrace sort 
gnus-cite cl-extra mm-archive textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping 
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check flycheck-grammalecte 
grammalecte flycheck flyspell ispell face-remap mail-extr cl-print 
shortdoc help-fns radix-tree help-mode vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode 
vc-dispatcher cursor-sensor rwn-emacs-spelling rwn-emacs-vc 
rwn-emacs-dired dired-preview rwn-emacs-latex auctex rwn-emacs-pdf 
pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice 
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent 
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic 
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch 
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-loader pdf-tools compile cus-edit 
cus-load pdf-view jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs 
image-mode exif rwn-emacs-mail rwn-mail mu4e mu4e-org org ob ob-tangle 
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint 
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities 
noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle 
org-table ol rx org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs 
find-func org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec 
mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main smtpmail mu4e-view 
mu4e-mime-parts thingatpt comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring gnus-art 
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group 
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail 
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range 
gnus-win gnus wid-edit cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs mu4e-headers 
mu4e-thread mu4e-actions mu4e-compose nnheader range mu4e-search 
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message shr pixel-fill 
kinsoku url-file svg xml dom flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts 
mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-server 
mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window bookmark 
pp ido message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util 
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode 
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr 
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-obsolete 
rwn-emacs-themes standard-light-theme standard-dark-theme 
standard-themes rwn-emacs-packages finder-inf auctex-autoloads 
tex-site dired-preview-autoloads flycheck-grammalecte-autoloads 
flycheck-autoloads messages-are-flowing-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads 
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads info standard-themes-autoloads 
tablist-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy 
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file 
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq 
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv 
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars rwn-emacs-essentials windmove delsel 
rwn-common cl-loaddefs cl-lib server rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv 
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type 
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd 
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment 
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar 
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock 
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice 
seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang 
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese 
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic 
indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop 
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure 
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp 
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env 
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable 
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting 
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk 
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)
 
Memory information:
((conses 16 865996 77992) 
 (symbols 48 36648 37) (strings 32 202737 6575) (string-bytes 1 
 5366217) (vectors 16 95745) (vector-slots 8 1983111 251378) (floats 8 
 1043 402) (intervals 56 25057 820) (buffers 976 45))