Subject: 29.2.50; go-ts-mode does not handle comments with fill-paragraph

From: Ankit Gadiya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:11:14 +0530

When fill-paragraph is invoked on the comment lines in the `go-ts-mode`
buffer, it does not add the comment delimiters on the new lines.

    // Sample is a sample function with a very long comment. Sample is
a sample function with a very long comment. Sample is a sample
function with a very long comment. Sample is a sample function with a
very long comment.
    func Sample() {

    }

Becomes this:

    // Sample is a sample function with a very long comment. Sample is a
    sample function with a very long comment. Sample is a sample function
    with a very long comment. Sample is a sample function with a very long
    comment.
    func Sample() {

    }

In GNU Emacs 29.2.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-03-04 built on t14
Repository revision: ae80192d97b8d0e54a9429091cd84190bdbeb49e
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --localstatedir=/var/local/
 --libdir=/usr/local/lib/ --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc/
 --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/ --with-gameuser=:games --with-modules
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-pgtk --without-xaw3d
 --without-cairo --without-xinput2 --with-sound=no --with-json
 --with-mailutils --with-tree-sitter --with-rsvg 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
 -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBSELINUX
LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  hyperbole-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  evil-commentary-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/ankit/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20240226.2332/transient hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/transient
/home/ankit/.config/emacs/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.24/jsonrpc hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/ankit/.config/emacs/elpa/eglot-1.17/eglot hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/progmodes/eglot
/home/ankit/.config/emacs/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow hl-line mail-extr emacsbug mule-util corfu-popupinfo mastodon
mastodon-search mastodon-toot facemenu mastodon-iso persist
mastodon-http request org-alert org-agenda alert log4e notifications
gntp org-modern evil-collection-org-present org-present
evil-collection-custom cus-edit cus-load hyperbole hinit hui hui-mouse
hmouse-key hui-menu hyrolo-menu hui-jmenu hibtypes hib-doc-id hyrolo
sort klink hmouse-tag hib-kbd hui-mini hib-debbugs hsys-www
evil-collection-eww eww url-queue mm-url hib-social hypb-ert hactypes
hsys-org org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile avl-tree
evil-collection-org org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table
ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-version
org-compat org-macs evil-collection-man man hargs hpath
evil-collection-outline noutline outline hmouse-sh hsettings hui-em-but
hbut hmouse-drv hui-window hycontrol windmove hui-select hbdata hgnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win evil-collection-gnus gnus
nnheader range hsmail hmail htz cal-julian evil-collection-calendar
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap hmoccur hvar hypb locate hversion
hload-path magit-bookmark evil-collection-magit magit-submodule
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit evil-collection-log-edit log-edit message sendmail yank-media
puny evil-collection-dired dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
evil-collection-epa epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode magit-git
magit-base evil-collection-magit-section magit-section cursor-sensor crm
dash geiser-guile info-look transient geiser-debug geiser-repl
geiser-image geiser-capf geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-autodoc
geiser-edit etags fileloop generator geiser-completion geiser-eval
geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax evil-collection-scheme scheme
geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree geiser-log geiser-popup
evil-collection-view view geiser-custom geiser-base
evil-collection-geiser geiser dape evil-collection-eglot eglot
external-completion evil-collection-xref xref evil-collection-flymake
flymake-proc flymake diff evil-collection-diff-mode diff-mode
evil-collection-ert ert ewoc evil-collection-debug debug backtrace
find-func evil-collection-imenu imenu jsonrpc gdb-mi bindat gud project
evil-collection-compile compile repeat pulse color just-mode jq-mode
smie c++-ts-mode c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit evil-commentary
evil-commentary-integration evil-collection-unimpaired
evil-collection-which-key evil-collection-vertico
evil-collection-tabulated-list evil-collection-tab-bar
evil-collection-simple evil-collection-replace
evil-collection-process-menu evil-collection-package-menu
evil-collection-info evil-collection-indent evil-collection-help
evil-collection-elisp-mode evil-collection-eldoc evil-collection-corfu
evil-collection-consult evil-collection-comint evil-collection-buff-menu
evil-collection-bookmark evil-collection annalist evil evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core comp
comp-cstr warnings icons advice evil-common thingatpt rect evil-vars
winner orderless corfu edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode marginalia vertico consult bookmark text-property-search pp
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat rx
shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec
ansi-color which-key exec-path-from-shell recentf tree-widget wid-edit
no-littering compat use-package-ensure savehist autorevert filenotify
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes cl-extra help-mode use-package-core
pixel-scroll cua-base ring consult-autoloads corfu-terminal-autoloads
corfu-autoloads dape-autoloads eglot-autoloads eldoc-autoloads
evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads evil-commentary-autoloads
evil-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads general-autoloads
goto-chg-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist
jq-mode-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads just-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads mastodon-autoloads
no-littering-autoloads orderless-autoloads org-alert-autoloads
alert-autoloads log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads org-modern-autoloads
org-present-autoloads persist-autoloads popon-autoloads
request-autoloads restclient-autoloads transient-autoloads
vertico-autoloads which-key-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 642718 92991)
 (symbols 48 45307 7)
 (strings 32 153518 11805)
 (string-bytes 1 5519927)
 (vectors 16 88306)
 (vector-slots 8 1533184 95107)
 (floats 8 667 421)
 (intervals 56 794 0)
 (buffers 984 13))