Subject: Re: bug#69561: 30.0.50; Freeze from M-x gnus on macOS

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 14:21:22 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Right, sorry, C-g came only into play because I tbought the current
>> sitution might become bearable if it could at least be interrupted with
>> C-g. And then I understoof the drama better.
>> 
>> If you take a look at the first hunk of the patch I sent, you can see
>> that ns_select can do _nothing_ interesting at all, it just returns -1.
>
> But your patch still doesn't solve the problem, does it?

I'd say it does:

- it ensures that a "real" select is called, which formerly wasn't
  guaranteed
  
- it makes sure that queued input_events are passed to Emacs, for C-g
  detection, Vquit_flag and so on.
  
- it makes sure NS events are processed, so that C-g has a chance to get
  into the queued input_events in the first place, from processing
  keyDown events.