Subject: bug#69561: 30.0.50; Freeze from M-x gnus on macOS

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 17:46:22 +0200

> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 15:29:51 +0100
> 
> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Happened again, this time when sending a mail to Alan in debbugs-gnu.
> 
> Stepping through wait_reading_process_output one can see that ns_select
> is called again and again and again without progress.

That probably means the descriptor on which ns_select was supposed to
wait doesn't become read-ready for some reason.  Can you figure out
which descriptor is that, and then what happened to the process from
which we want to read via that descriptor?  Maybe the descriptor mask
used in ns_select call is wrong, and the bit corresponding to the
subprocess' descriptor is not set for some reason?

But wait: epg-wait-for-status seems to wait for one or more processes
to exit.  So what is the status of the process for which it waits?  Is
it running, or did it perhaps already exit?

And one other thing: what is the version of GnuPG you are using here?
There's an entry in PROBLEMS about hangs related to some versions of
GnuPG; could that be your problem here?