Subject: Re: bug#69561: 30.0.50; Freeze from M-x gnus on macOS

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:20:43 +0300

On 13/03/2024 19:20 +0100, Gerd Möllmann wrote:

> Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On 13/03/2024 07:11 +0100, Gerd Möllmann wrote:
>>
>>> Pushed to mater and closing.
>>
>> (I haven't read this thread in detail) On TTY there were no freezes
>> before the patch, but now there are - for example, `C-x v L' in emacs
>> repo freezes.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Thanks, Filipp. Could you please try the attached patch?

Hi Gerd, yes it fixes the issue, thanks!

> But - are you sure you see a freeze, i.e. you can't, don't know, C-x C-c
> or C-g or whatever else? That's not what I see with emacs -nw -Q, I see
> an empty log window.

Yes, you're right, technically Emacs does not freeze here, but it does
nothing about the started git process (which can be seen in M-x
list-processes), the same even with "M-& echo foo RET" - just blank
screen.  With M-x gnus I was able to C-g, but otherwise it just hanged -
that's what I interpreted as related to this thread/commit.  Anyway it
seems ok with your fix now.