Subject: Re: bug#6956: 24.0.50; pasting mouse selection in other session pastes only first word

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:26:49 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:48:44 -0700
> Cc: 
> 
> Select some text (several words) with the mouse using double-click
> mouse-1 on one word then mouse-3 on a later word in the text.

Does this constitute a "mouse drag"?  Can someone please tell what
happens on X with the recipe in this bug report?

> Not happy.  I sure wish this mouse/keyboard/copy/paste/kill/yank/ stuff
> would converge on a fixed point and would be fixed once and for all, so
> we could somehow get back the (superior) behavior we had (at least on
> Windows) prior to Emacs 24.
> 
> For months now we've been promised that at a minimum users would be
> able to easily get back the previous behavior.  But all we've seen for
> those months is a steady stream of problems.  Admittedly some of those
> problems are not directly related to each other - e.g. some are
> applicable only to Windows or only to X or only to Mac or only to
> xterms or only about the mouse or only about the keyboard or only
> about copying or only about pasting or...

I don't consider the current state of affairs as final on Windows in
this regard.  There's a couple of issues to discuss and then
implement, but I'm waiting for the dust to settle in the X builds,
before suggesting what I think should be done on Windows.