Subject: [bug#69558] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add emacs-lsp-booster rust app.

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 10:01:38 -0500

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:

> I had to downgrade rust-clap-verbose-flag-2 from 2.2.0 to 2.1.2

I believe you mean rust-clap-verbosity-flag-2 .

> since 2.2.0 wanted a newer version of clap than we had (and this way I
> could add it straight to master, not to rust-team).

Thank you for doing that and taking the time to respond.  Though it does
make me wonder how I was able to build my patch series if it needed a
newer version of clap.  Wouldn't the guix build invocation have failed
if that were the case?  Perhaps it did fail for you?

Additionally, based on [crates-io] it seems that version 2.2.0 of
clap-verbosity-flag depends on clap version ^4.0.0 and has a
dev-dependency on clap version ^4.4.18.  Based on my understanding of
the [caret-syntax] and cargo's treatment of it, it seems that both would
be compatible with the current version of rust-clap-4 in Guix, i.e.,
version 4.4.16.  Did I misunderstand something?

[crates-io]:
<https://crates.io/crates/clap-verbosity-flag/2.2.0/dependencies>

[caret-syntax]:
<https://doc.rust-lang.org/cargo/reference/specifying-dependencies.html#caret-requirements>

> I added a comment on emacs-lsp-booster that it was specifically emacs
> and not emacs-minimal.

Yes, that's helpful to make explicit.  Good catch.

> Patches pushed!

Thank you!

-- 
Suhail