Subject: Re: bug#69555: 30.0.50; shr - Preserve indentation when shr-fill-text is nil

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 14:09:01 +0200

> Cc: Rahguzar <[email-masked]>
> From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 23:08:20 +0100
> 
> Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >                                 Will post an updated patch once I have a
> > bug number to replace the "bug#TODO" placeholders.
> 
> See attached.

The change in behavior is unconditional, AFAIU.  Should we have a
separate knob for that?  Perhaps someone out there doesn't want text
to be indented when shr-fill-text is nil?

Also, please time the code on some substantially large body of text,
with and without shr-fill-text, and compare that with the current
version.  I think performance is an important aspect of any change in
this area.

Thanks.