Subject: 29.2; Segfault killing base buffer when the indirect buffer rejects kill-buffer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 18:37:53 +0100

Emacs segfaults when evaluating the attached elisp file like this:

   emacs -Q -l kill-buffer-segfault.el

It happens to me, both with GNU Emacs 30.0.50 and 29.2.

Let me know if you need me to collect more information locally.

Thanks,

Bruno

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.18.0)
 of 2024-03-02 built on localhost
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.2-r1
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-29.2-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-29 --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-29
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-29 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --without-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp
 --with-gpm --with-native-compilation=aot --without-json
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --without-mailutils --without-selinux --without-sqlite3 --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --without-tree-sitter
 --without-wide-int --with-sound=no --with-zlib --with-x --without-pgtk
 --without-ns --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-xpm --with-xft --with-cairo
 --without-harfbuzz --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-tiff --without-webp --with-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LCMS2
LIBXML2 NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C.UTF8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr
subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile
warnings icons cl-loaddefs cl-lib site-gentoo rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78936 6614)
 (symbols 48 7120 0)
 (strings 32 19234 2559)
 (string-bytes 1 580076)
 (vectors 16 15692)
 (vector-slots 8 321239 17561)
 (floats 8 34 120)
 (intervals 56 443 2)
 (buffers 976 12))