Subject: Re: bug#69528: 30.0.50; [BUG] transient.el is not a member of package--builtin-versions

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2024 19:58:35 +0000

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> * lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mnt.el (lm-version): Prefer version in the
>> "Package-Version:" header.  (Bug#69528)
>
> BTW, I think this is a backward-incompatible change.
>
> Whether we want `lm-version` to return the info from `Version:` or from
> `Package-Version:` depends on what we want to do with it.

When do we want lm-version to return Version and not Package-Version,
where a (lm-header "version") wouldn't serve as a more specific
replacement?

FWIW the function is used in a single place (in the core, lm-report-bug)
and both on ELPA and NonGNU ELPA, all instances appear to might as well
be using `package-get-version' (if it were not for the version of Emacs
they are depending on).

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic on peregrine