Subject: bug#69487: Regression regarding guix shell and its "pure" flag?

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 17:46:23 +0100

Hi André

André A. Gomes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> Take a package that you have installed in the default profile, say
> "which".  Then notice that when issuing "guix shell --pure" followed by
> "which which" replies that the command can't be found.  On the other
> hand, when starting the environment via "guix shell", the command can be
> found.
>
> If my memory isn't tricking me, the "pure" flag used to behave
> differently.  It simply started the shell with a clean env, but it still
> exposed the packages from the default profile.  Am I missing something
> or is this a regression?

No, this is `--pure` working as expected, the other behavior you
describe would be considered a bug.  Maybe you used to have the default
profile loaded through .bashrc, even though this is discouraged exactly
for that reason?

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret