Subject: bug#69479: 30.0.50; Attaching files to gnus fails

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 12:15:55 -0800

Alexander Prähauser via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife
of text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alexander Prähauser <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> "Eric Abrahamsen" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Alexander Prähauser via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife
>>> of text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>>> C-c C-a, as usual.
>>>
>>> What completion framework do you use? Crystal ball says icicles...
>>
>> No, Vertico, with Corfu for drop-down completion.
>
> Huh, it works if I disable Vertico. I'll file a bug report there.

Thanks, I'll watch that report. There are other guards in this area of
the code against completion frameworks returning propertized strings, so
it may be that we end up adding one here (or in `gnus-completing-read').
I don't actually know if there's an explicit contract saying completion
strings should not have properties, but in this case at least it looks
like leakage of something internal.

I'm going to close this report for now; please reopen if necessary.