Subject: bug#69463: 29.2; Isearch help icon has inconsistent size

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 19:09:19 +0200

> Can you please help me understand the way in which it is "system dependent"?
>
> Where are the I-search toolbar icons sought on the system? Is it emacs
> installing them or are they supposed to be system or theme provided icons?

This is what I see while resizing the frame: when decreasing the width
of the frame then I-search toolbar icons get removed one by one
from the right side of the toolbar, so the toolbar never overgrows.

> That is definitely a life buoy, but not the life buoy that is shown as 
> the help icon when I press CTRL+s. In fact, it is the life buoy that I 
> see in most emacs screenshots on the internet. Most important this one 
> seems to have the right size.

I don't see this life buoy on GTK.

> I need help on the following points:
>
> - Why is that breeze icon being picked? Is there a way to force emacs to 
> use its own icons? Theming would be nice, but done in this way, with a 
> wild mixture of breeze icons and native emacs icons it is simply messy.
>
> - Why is that breeze icon not scaled? All other applications on my 
> system appear to scale their icons consistently.

I don't know how that breeze icon looks like.  What I see is
an icon with a blue question mark.

> My issue seems to be the same as
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23847#31.
> The whole thread is interesting.

Thanks for the reference.  It could help anyone
who knows how to fix this bug.