Subject: bug#69460: closed (Re: bug#69460: 29.2.50; dialog confirmation box not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 19:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69460: 29.2.50; dialog confirmation box not working 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69460: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69460
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69460: 29.2.50; dialog confirmation box not working
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Jeff Filipovits <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:28:50 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Jeff Filipovits <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:07:21 -0500
> 
> Sorry for the non-bug report and getting me in the right 
> direction. Thank you for all of your work. 

No need to feel sorry, and you are welcome.

I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 29.2.50; dialog confirmation box not working
From: Jeff Filipovits <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:19:24 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Previously (Emacs 28),

(let ((last-nonmenu-event nil))
    (yes-or-no-p "whatever"))

Would pop up a system dialog box. This does not work 
anymore. Forgive me if I missed something in the release notes. I 
also tried:

(let ((last-nonmenu-event nil)
      (use-dialog-box t))
    (yes-or-no-p "whatever"))

To no avail.     

In GNU Emacs 29.2.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.39, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-02-26 built on wtop
Repository revision: b7cef701cb587ecb66f192e4d41aa202645560e0
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101010
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-imagemagick 
 --with-json
 --with-xwidgets'
Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
 IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT
 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
 SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 
 XDBE
 XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e:headers

Minor modes in effect:
  org-media-note-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  jrf-keys-minor-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  org-msg-mode: t
  mu4e-search-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-context-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  mu4e-update-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  key-chord-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/rofi-actions.el/rofi-actions hides 
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/rofi-actions
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/goto-last-change.el/goto-last-change hides 
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/goto-last-change
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/svg-lib/svg-lib hides 
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/svg-lib-0.3/svg-lib
~/.emacs.d/git-packages/svg-lib/svg-lib-demo hides 
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/svg-lib-0.3/svg-lib-demo
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.24/jsonrpc hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240131.1612/transient hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/transient
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package 
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure 
hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-1.17/eglot hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/progmodes/eglot
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.10.0/project hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/progmodes/project
/home/jeff/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.2.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow emacsbug org-archive gnus-gravatar gravatar dns gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache apropos
cal-iso dired-preview descr-text tabify elfeed-link ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs lpr cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew url-cache network-stream mailalias mhtml-mode
css-mode-expansions css-mode js-mode-expansions js c-ts-common
cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine html-mode-expansions sgml-mode view 
qp
smiley shr-color mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts 
idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check iy-go-to-char org-goto
pdf-sync pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history dired-subtree
dired-hacks-utils dired-aux vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn 
vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view bug-reference shortdoc cal-move cus-start misearch
multi-isearch cl-print bufler-workspace burly frameset 
company-date
org-media-note image-file image-converter elgantt-interaction 
elgantt
outshine outshine-org-cmds outorg company-box company-box-doc
frame-local company-box-icons company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf 
company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb reorg-jeff 
reorg-launch
reorg-org reorg-email reorg-json reorg-leo reorg-files reorg-elisp
reorg-actions reorg-bullets reorg racket-mode racket-bug-report
racket-lisp-mode racket-collection racket-repl-buffer-name
racket-stepper racket-shell term ehelp racket-logger 
racket-profile
racket-smart-open racket-xp racket-xp-complete racket-imenu
racket-edit hideshow racket-repl semantic/symref/grep 
semantic/symref
racket-show racket-eldoc racket-company-doc racket-describe
racket-scribble racket-visit racket-complete racket-common
racket-parens racket-indent racket-font-lock racket-ppss
racket-keywords-and-builtins racket-doc racket-browse-url 
racket-cmd
racket-back-end tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat racket-util racket-custom sh-script smie treesit
executable disp-table rofi-actions.el temp-mode helpful cc-langs
cc-vars cc-defs trace edebug debug backtrace info-look help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs embark-org embark-consult embark ffap 
orderless
marginalia vertico-directory vertico elfeed-org elfeed-show
elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db
elfeed-lib xml-query excorporate url-http-oauth 
excorporate-time-zones
excorporate-calendar fsm soap-client rng-xsd xsd-regexp 
url-http-ntlm
ntlm hmac-md5 hex-util md4 org-timeblock compat-macs org-legal
org-legal-exhibits org-legal-utils org-legal-transcripts
org-legal-windows org-legal-buttons org-pdftools pdf-annot 
facemenu
org-noter org-noter-djvu org-noter-nov org-noter-pdf 
org-noter-core
treemacs treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags xref treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces treemacs-icons
treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture inline
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros pdf-occur
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load pdf-view pdf-cache
pdf-info pdf-util pdf-macs org-legal-regexps org-legal-westlaw
org-legal-case-citations org-sidebar org-ql-search org-ql-view
org-mru-clock org-dynamic-bullets org-visual-indent org-indent
cfw-org-ql calfw holidays holiday-loaddefs cl
org-agenda-show-deadlines org-super-agenda org-clock-export
org-timed-alerts org-download org-attach url-http url-gw nsm async
org-deadsync org-ql peg org-habit org-duration org-msg ox-odt 
rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox gnus-msg gnus-cite htmlize
mu4e-alert time ht gnus-icalendar org-capture icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-notification mu4e-main 
mu4e-obsolete
mu4e-save-to-eml gnus-dired mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft mu4e-actions mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks
mu4e-mark mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-modeline
mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-contacts mu4e-vars mu4e-update 
mu4e-server
mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window ido mule-util smtpmail affe
consult magit-bookmark bookmark pp goto-last-change 
magit-submodule
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient 
magit-process
with-editor shell magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base crm
real-auto-save posframe font-lock-studio avy general mpv org-timer
org-clock multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core rect flycheck-ledger flycheck ledger-mode
ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort ledger-report
ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify 
ledger-state
ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact 
ledger-post
ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt 
esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util files-x 
ledger-context
ledger-commodities ledger-regex beancount ob-plantuml 
plantuml-mode
bufler projectile lisp-mnt ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
pretty-hydra hydra advice lv bufler-group-tree magit-section
cursor-sensor compat compat-29 vc project pdfgrep grep compile 
delsel
savehist server hl-line company git-auto-commit-mode expand-region
text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom emms-mpris 
emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played
emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url 
emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-native emms-info-native-spc
emms-info-native-mp3 emms-info-native-ogg emms-info-native-opus
emms-info-native-flac emms-info-native-vorbis bindat
emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac
emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv 
emms-player-mplayer
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate emms-playing-time
emms-player-simple emms-info emms-later-do emms-setup emms 
emms-compat
alert log4e notifications gntp visual-regexp flyspell ispell 
edmacro
kmacro use-package-chords bind-chord use-package 
use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key key-chord comp
comp-cstr warnings typopunct f button-lock ov ts dash s color
use-package-ensure olivetti face-remap use-package-core finder-inf
autorevert vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher org-element
org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree generator oc-basic cl-extra
help-mode ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail 
ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku 
url-file
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml 
gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs 
ol-bibtex
bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-ref 
ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline 
icons
ob-emacs-lisp org-table org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs ob-tangle ol rx org-src org-keys oc ob-comint comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring ob-core org-cycle org-fold org-fold-core
org-compat ob-eval org-version org-macs format-spec pcase url-auth
info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv 
bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip 
cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar 
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse 
jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer 
nadvice
seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian 
utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european 
ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face 
macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty 
make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3771957 1128146)
 (symbols 48 85574 34)
 (strings 32 451464 64469)
 (string-bytes 1 50440240)
 (vectors 16 214469)
 (vector-slots 8 4556341 928130)
 (floats 8 77111 2227)
 (intervals 56 171397 26786)
 (buffers 984 225))
–
Jeff Filipovits
Spears & Filipovits, LLC
315 W. Ponce de Leon Avenue
Suite 865
Decatur, GA 30030
404.905.2225
[email-masked]

All emails confidential to the fullest extent of the law.