Subject: Re: bug#6946: 23.2; xt-mouse.el regression: dragging vertical-line no longer resizes window

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 16:56:48 -0400

Ryan Johnson <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> It seems that some time between versions 22.1.1 and 23.2.1, dragging
>>> the vertical-line stopped working. Dragging it to the right brings up
>>> the menu buffer, dragging to the left just places point at EOL of the
>>> left-side window.
>>>
>>> Incidentally, in X11 mode both versions of emacs only allow dragging
>>> the vertical-line if scrollbars are disabled. This is rather odd,
>>> since you have to drag the right gutter of the left-side window, and
>>> that's visible even with scrollbars enabled.
>>
>> I am afraid I cannot reproduce either bug.  (For the latter, I tried
>> using a GTK build).  Dragging the vertical line has the usual effect of
>> resizing the window.
>
> Did you try this with a text terminal or only GUI versions? It's
> xterm's mouse handling that gave the problem.
>
> FWIW, I'm using a cygwin-x11 build of emacs on XP pro. I wouldn't
> think that would matter when running inside an xterm, though.

I tried the first bug in an xterm with xterm-mouse-mode enabled, and the
second by running Emacs under X as usual.