Subject: Re: bug#6946: 23.2; xt-mouse.el regression: dragging vertical-line no longer resizes window

From: Ryan Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 22:27:59 +0200

Chong Yidong writes:
> Ryan Johnson writes:
>> It seems that some time between versions 22.1.1 and 23.2.1, dragging
>> the vertical-line stopped working. Dragging it to the right brings up
>> the menu buffer, dragging to the left just places point at EOL of the
>> left-side window.
>>
>> Incidentally, in X11 mode both versions of emacs only allow dragging
>> the vertical-line if scrollbars are disabled. This is rather odd,
>> since you have to drag the right gutter of the left-side window, and
>> that's visible even with scrollbars enabled.
> I am afraid I cannot reproduce either bug.  (For the latter, I tried
> using a GTK build).  Dragging the vertical line has the usual effect of
> resizing the window.
Did you try this with a text terminal or only GUI versions? It's xterm's 
mouse handling that gave the problem.

FWIW, I'm using a cygwin-x11 build of emacs on XP pro. I wouldn't think 
that would matter when running inside an xterm, though.

Ryan