Subject: Cuirass 1.2.0-2.7bcd3d0 (and manual): latest install image not available for download (wrong URL?)

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:16:16 +0100

Hello Tanguy,

IMO there is a bug in the CI UI

Tanguy LE CARROUR <[email-masked]> writes:

> In order to test the latest installer, I went to the "latest download"
> page [1] and clicked on "x86_64-linux" under "GNU Guix System on Linux"
> and ended up on an error page [2]:
>
> """
> {"error":"Could not find the requested build product."}
> """
>
> [1]: https://guix.gnu.org/en/download/latest/

the exact URL is this one:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search/latest/ISO-9660?query=spec:images+status:success+system:x86_64-linux+image.iso

Looking at this results:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=spec:images+status:success+system:x86_64-linux+image.iso

there are plenty of images succesfully built.

Unfortunately the "Build outputs" URL available in the datails page are
broken so there is no way to download them via ci.guix.gnu.org (AFAIU)

> [2]: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/download/1907

I also tested:

- https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/3395955/details pointing to
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/download/1927

- https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/3267415/details pointing to
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/download/1894

and the result is the same:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

{"error":"Could not find the requested build product."}

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

[...]

> Is it the ISO that has to be tested? How can I download it?

Unfortunately also the latest (devel) manual

https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/USB-Stick-and-DVD-Installation.html

now is pointing to an invalid url:

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-system-install-f29f80c.x86_64-linux.iso

I'm almost sure not so log ago it was pointing to a valid file.

Are the two issues linked of do I need to file a separate bug for the
manual?

Sorry I don't know how to help to fix it.

Best regards, Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures