Subject: bug#69454: Not possible to insert an empty vtable

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2024 15:34:20 +0300

> From: Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2024 14:13:55 +0200
> 
> * lisp/emacs-lisp/vtable.el (vtable--compute-columns): if a column was

Please begin the description  with a capital letter.

>   not created with an explicit 'align' property, allow changing this
>   property when the column data changes from numeric to non-numeric (or
>   vice versa). This makes it possible to add data to an empty table,
               ^^
Please leave two spaces between sentences, per our conventions.

> --- a/etc/NEWS
> +++ b/etc/NEWS
> @@ -2806,6 +2806,14 @@ this was not possible.)  In addition, LOCATION can be an integer, a
>  (zero-based) index into the table at which the new object is inserted
>  (BEFORE is ignored in this case).
>  
> +** 'make-vtable' can create empty vtable

This entry should be marked with "+++", since you have updated the
manual.

Thanks.