Subject: bug#69431: closed (Re: bug#69431: 30.0.50; Strange fontificaion behavior)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 12:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69431: 30.0.50; Strange fontificaion behavior

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69431: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69431
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69431: 30.0.50; Strange fontificaion behavior
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Cc: Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>, Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 08:49:09 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I confirm that with your patch applied the problem is fixed on my
> reproducer.  Please apply it (I would have done it for you but I'm not
> sure about the Changelog entry).

Thanks, pushed, closing,

        Stefan

Subject: 30.0.50; Strange fontificaion behavior
From: OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 01:58:01 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I met the strange font-lock behavior,

# this doesn't work
    $ echo '* Foo' > a.org
    $ emacs -Q a.org

The above opens "a.org" as org-mode, but current emacs doesn't
fontificate the buffer properly for this.

But while reproducing this behavior, I noticed the following works as
expected.

# this works
    $ echo '* Foo' > a.org
    $ emacs -Q --eval "(provide 'dbus)" a.org

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-02-27 built on devron
Repository revision: b59d7094b6cb1a09f46f933807e9cd00a8bd1547
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xim --with-imagemagick
 --with-wide-int --with-native-compilation=aot'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE
XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/compat-29.1.4.4/compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/compat

Features:
(shadow emacsbug grep-context comp-run comp-common bbdb-message
mailalias mule-util sort smerge-mode diff gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-bcklg gnus-async bbdb-gnus-aux gnus-ml disp-table
hl-line elfeed-show elfeed-search bookmark elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree url-queue xml-query gnus-topic
url-http url-gw url-cache utf-7 epa-file network-stream nsm nnfolder
bbdb-gnus nnnil bbdb-mua spam spam-stat bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site
timezone gnus-uu yenc gnus-demon gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom nndraft nnmh gnus-xoauth2 oauth2-ext
plstore gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util time-date mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr dbus xml dired-aux dircolors-faces dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs company-cscope company-yasnippet flycheck-rust dash
flyspell ispell vc-hg vc-git cus-start diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view easy-mmode pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher
bug-reference server auth-source-pass url-auth generic-x rust-utils
thingatpt rust-mode rust-prog-mode rust-rustfmt rust-playpen
rust-compile rust-cargo rust-common flycheck-relint relint compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc xr flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip
flycheck ansi-color find-func rx company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project ring company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company pcase autoinsert cl-extra yasnippet help-mode
elec-pair icomplete savehist advice browse-kill-ring delsel
tab-bar-session desktop frameset repeat mozc-im-plus mozc-popup popup
mozc vcard-autoloads startup-elisp-autoloads rfc-autoloads
mozc-im-plus-autoloads misc-autoloads magit-mini-autoloads
lookup-autoloads langtool-autoloads grammar-check-autoloads
go-translate-autoloads gnus-xoauth2-autoloads debian-autoloads
cxrefs-autoloads company-cscope-autoloads bbdb-loaddefs cus-edit pp
cus-load icons wid-edit browse-kill-ring-autoloads company-autoloads
coterm-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads dpkg-dev-el-autoloads
elfeed-autoloads expand-region-autoloads flycheck-rust-autoloads info
dash-autoloads flycheck-autoloads git-modes-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads grep-context-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads meson-mode-autoloads mozc-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads po-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
relint-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads treesit vundo-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads xr-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib japan-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 572408 83986) (symbols 48 28032 11)
 (strings 32 234644 13139) (string-bytes 1 8411310)
 (vectors 16 110660) (vector-slots 8 1337763 69261)
 (floats 8 10932 7873) (intervals 56 1327 227) (buffers 984 28))

-- 
OGAWA Hirofumi <[email-masked]>