Subject: Re: bug#69431: 30.0.50; Strange fontificaion behavior

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:37:19 -0400

> I'm trying to progress on this but I've difficult time at getting a grip
> on this bug.  One of the reason why is that on my reproducer Emacs
> doesn't crash nor complain, the other reason is that I'm not really into
> our fontification.  I'll keep on looking into it but I'd appretiate any
> hint like: what should be happening to fontify the buffer that is not
> actually happening here?  With such info I could try investingating the
> issue from there comparing with the working case.

Hmm... here, after

    rm -rf ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache
    src/emacs -Q --eval '(setq debug-on-error t)' a.org

I get a buffer with no fontification, that claims to be in Org mode but
whose `font-lock-keywords` is just (t nil), which explains the lack
of fontification.

And if I wait long enough for all the org files to be native-compiled,

    src/emacs -Q --eval '(setq debug-on-error t)' a.org

opens up a buffer with the usual fontification.

        Stefan "puzzled"