Subject: bug#69431: 30.0.50; Strange fontificaion behavior

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 17:58:16 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The above opens "a.org" as org-mode, but current emacs doesn't
>> fontificate the buffer properly for this.
>
> I cannot reproduce this with today's master branch.  I see "* Foo"
> fontified with org-level-1 face.
>
> Maybe this is platform-dependent?

I can reproduce using the latest master (with make bootstrap), using the
same steps. I cannot reproduce when changing the load path to Org git
folder ( main, bugfix branches, and Org 9.6.15 tag which should be the
same with Emacs built-in version).

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-02-27 built on localhost
Repository revision: 82289c53c5e20f46fa715e75e1011eb62cbe40a0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure JAVAC=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/bin/javac'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>