Subject: bug#6941: 24.0.50; yank doesn't return latest kill

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:12:13 -0400

Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm coming upon from functions which exchange-point-and-mark in order
> to get the string found displayed. Seems it's the setting of the mark,
> which triggers the bug.
>
> If the last line is changed into
>
> (kill-new (buffer-substring-no-properties 200 203)) asdf
>
> evaluating it before "asdf", push-mark, down one or more line, region
> is active, yank, "asdf" is inserted.

Your description is still too vague.  Please provide a step by step
recipe; don't describe what you did ("evaluating", "push-mark", etc.),
but what you typed.  For instance, here is what I did:

1. emacs -Q
2. Type the following: (kill-new (buffer-substring-no-properties 193 197))
3. C-x C-e

     => "kill" appears in the echo area

4. M-<
5. C-SPC
6. C-n
7. C-y

     => The word "kill" is yanked into the buffer.

I don't see any bug here.